636 Insurance... ADVICE - Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

636 Insurance... ADVICE

Hi guys,

I passed my test back in March, and now the summer is in, I want a bike.

I toyed with the idea of being sensible and getting something small to start with, but the fact is, I'm quite a tall lad. I wouldn't fit well on anything smaller than a 600, nor would I be happy with it. I also want a sports bike. I don't want to get something, just to be wishing I had spent the extra on what I really wanted.

I've decided on a ZX6r, 2006ish, new shape. They're around 4k to buy. Affordable.

Now looking at insurance; I'v tried getting a few quotes. And i'm really struggling. I accept it's gonna be steep. I'm 22, have 4 year protected no-claims on a car policy, but a fault claim earlier this year, and 6 points at the back end of last year, one for speeding and the other for a traffic light offence. Quotes I am getting at the moment are silly, like 4grand. I'm sure I had some just after I passed my test for 1200 ish, which although a lot, i'd be prepared to pay. But I can't seem to find anything reasonable at the moment.

Can anyone give me any tips as to who to look into going with, or how much I should be looking at paying?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode