Looking into getting a ninja 250 - Page 2 - Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 11:46 AM

Dude, synthetic is what pretty much everyone uses. There is something in regular oil called like friction modifiers or something wierd that will eventually mess with your clutch. Ive heard of guys going straight to synthetic with a new bike and no issues and guys that have waited a couple thousand miles and did the switch and no issues. I would go right to synthetic if it were me. Your clutch will love you! Its when you use regular oil that messes with our clutches.

Live 'Til You Die - QOTSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Thats what I was talking about. The friction modifiers help with your clutch's friction and I've heard that since synthetic doesn't have those molecules, your clutch will start to slip and wear out quicker. Also why is it that some people say you have to wait until 3k miles to change over? Is it because the engine is not fully broken in until that many miles? Because if thats true than my bike might break down soon because I went to about 12k rpm when my bike had only 1900 miles.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 01:47 PM

yea i guess it could have something to do with the warranty and break in period for the wait to switch but id think it would be good to go synth right off the showroom floor. But thats just me. I think someone steered you a little wrong somehow on synthetic. Our bikes/clutches love synthetic, its the regular dino oil that will mess with it. Maybe do a little searching on the net and see what you come up with. Id put some synth in it this weekend if it were me. I dont know what your bike limits revs at but as long as your not bouncing off the rev limiter and redlining the shit out of it i think youll be allright. Just dont flog it too hard.

Live 'Til You Die - QOTSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 02:13 PM

Thumbs up Mobile 1 Racing 4T Synthetic oil

Here is some info on Mobile 1 motorcycle oil..... Mobile 1 Hope this will give you better understanding of Full synthetic oil

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is designed for sport bikes. Most of these bikes have multi-cylinder/multi-valve engines and use a common sump, which means the engine oil lubricates the engine, transmission and wet clutch. So unlike Mobil 1 for cars, Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 has no friction modifiers, which could lead to clutch slippage.

The motorcycle oil also has more phosphorus/zinc for enhanced wear protection at high engine speeds and high loads.

In addition, Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 has a high performance dispersant/detergent technology for better high-temperature performance and engine cleanliness. Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is also offered in a different viscosity grade than Mobil 1 for passenger cars.

Video

2004 Galaxy Silver Ninja ZX12R
How fast? Will blow you mind

Last edited by KarSung; 08-26-2009 at 02:19 PM.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Hmm there is a lot of interesting arguments out there but i think I might change to synthetic at the next oil change. Also the friction modifiers reduce friction and I thought they increase it so now this makes more sense.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_freak1000 View Post
Hmm there is a lot of interesting arguments out there but i think I might change to synthetic at the next oil change. Also the friction modifiers reduce friction and I thought they increase it so now this makes more sense.
Glad you are clear on this now

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

What about synthetic blends. Are they any good?
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
What about synthetic blends. Are they any good?
I wouldn't waste my money on that stuff......I know Synthetic oil is kind of expensive but we only need 3Qts in our bikes plus added protection to our bike I recommend straight Full Synthetic instead.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Allright cool. I already run full synthetic in my car so I might as well go synthetic on my bike too. Maybe now my clutch will forgive me because of those few times that I was trying to pop wheelies!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Allright cool. I already run full synthetic in my car so I might as well go synthetic on my bike too. Maybe now my clutch will forgive me because of those few times that I was trying to pop wheelies!
I run Full Synthetic in all my vehicles even in my Quad......I trust and feel better knowing I will not have to worry about oil breaking down on me......since I don't have to change as often I am happy with that. So much going on in my life that the less I do the better I feel....so I can put more time riding.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode