Yes. Most of the time 2 50.00%
I usually do but sometimes I forget 0 0%
Not always, I only wear gear when I feel like it 0 0%
No way! Gear is for wussies! 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

What gear do you wear?

Do you wear gear? If yes post up your gear setup for others to see and maybe even rate the items out of 5 stars. How many stars would you give the gear you rock?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 08:38 AM

Helmet (Shoei RF1000, GMax GM68)
Jacket (Icon Hooligan) (Joe Rocket Sonic) (Pillot)
Riding suit (Joe Rocket Razor)
Boot (Icon)
Glove (Power Trip)
Cooling vest (TechNiche)

Last edited by KarSung; 08-22-2009 at 09:10 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarSung View Post
Helmet (Shoei RF1000, GMax GM68)
Jacket (Icon Hooligan) (Joe Rocket Sonic) (Pillot)
Riding suit (Joe Rocket Razor)
Boot (Icon)
Glove (Power Trip)
Cooling vest (TechNiche)
awesome thanks for sharing!! I am hoping to get the RF-1000 ive liked them since ive seen 'em what would you rate it overall???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateboarder85205 View Post
awesome thanks for sharing!! I am hoping to get the RF-1000 ive liked them since ive seen 'em what would you rate it overall???
Rating RF-1000 would be bad....so here goes, to start with very expensive helmet, no Fog-free shield for it (but they have one call Pin-lok system), can't replace liner and heavy helmet.....but comfortable to wear....don't get one size bigger thinking it will not loosen up because it will and it will be too loose where is will spin around overall rating I give 5 out of 10.

GMax GM68 helmet rating 6 out of 10, for little over $100 it has quite a bit of vents, wind noise is a bit much, not too heavy, has a light in the back of the helmet, snug fit, overall this helmet is well worth the money, you can have 3 of these for the price of other helmet, you can't go wrong.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarSung View Post
Rating RF-1000 would be bad....so here goes, to start with very expensive helmet, no Fog-free shield for it (but they have one call Pin-lok system), can't replace liner and heavy helmet.....but comfortable to wear....don't get one size bigger thinking it will not loosen up because it will and it will be too loose where is will spin around overall rating I give 5 out of 10.

GMax GM68 helmet rating 6 out of 10, for little over $100 it has quite a bit of vents, wind noise is a bit much, not too heavy, has a light in the back of the helmet, snug fit, overall this helmet is well worth the money, you can have 3 of these for the price of other helmet, you can't go wrong.
awesome, thanks!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 01:15 PM

I just have a Scorpion 700 helmet in the matt white Scorpion logo and a Power Trip mesh jacket. I really like the jacket actually. You can really feel the airflow going down the road. The Scorpion seems to fit well but jeez it looks HUGE on my head! I dont have any experience with this stuff though, just what ive bought but i think the helmet is pretty quiet actually. Ive GOT to get leather soon. Looking at the Icon Daytona jacket. The scariest thing of all is have no gloves, just cant afford it right now so hopefull over the winter ill get the Icon Merc short gloves.

Live 'Til You Die - QOTSA
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636Sinner View Post
I just have a Scorpion 700 helmet in the matt white Scorpion logo and a Power Trip mesh jacket. I really like the jacket actually. You can really feel the airflow going down the road. The Scorpion seems to fit well but jeez it looks HUGE on my head! I dont have any experience with this stuff though, just what ive bought but i think the helmet is pretty quiet actually. Ive GOT to get leather soon. Looking at the Icon Daytona jacket. The scariest thing of all is have no gloves, just cant afford it right now so hopefull over the winter ill get the Icon Merc short gloves.
I like to give you tips on buying gloves for riding....hope you look into it before making a decision on your first glove.... I went through several gloves, I always purchase gloves that are not all 100% leather due to venting however I found out they don't last as long as 100% leather and here is why......if you look at this glove the top part material will get snagged up and come apart and also not as strong as leather and you end up getting new pair of glove after several months.....I always put my gloves in my helmet when I reach somewhere to keep everything together.....whenever I pull them out of my helmet that material get snagged on inside of the helmet liner and several months later you have a hole in it.....especially between fingers.....they are not solid like 100% all leather and not partial or combine with other material....like Power Trip glove.....I also have other all leather glove that this one is good or this one....they are expensive so make a good choice the first time and you will have one for a long time....I have learned my lesson so I want to pass it along

2004 Galaxy Silver Ninja ZX12R
How fast? Will blow you mind
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 06:56 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I think ill have more of a problem with sizing though, probably have to go try a few pairs on before i order them online.

Live 'Til You Die - QOTSA
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 07:56 AM

DOT only approved helmet cause I don't trust snail.
Icon field armor vest
Motoboss jacket
Shorts with memory foam padding.
Knee and shin pads.
Frank Thomas boots.
and Meijer golves!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode