Bike down.....oh no!!!!! - Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Bike down.....oh no!!!!!

I was checking my brakes and oil after work yesterday and drop my bike on the side......argggg No damage, just little scratches but it was one heavy bike to lift up....my 11 year old daughter helped my with it.....she is strong

I was moving the bike as I try to tight the bolts and kick stand moved up, I was on the other side so I did not see it and next minute I felt the bike started to lean more than it should and tipped over......good think I have frame sliders on

2004 Galaxy Silver Ninja ZX12R
How fast? Will blow you mind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 AM

Ouch that sucks. Good thing there isn't any damage.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Ok, this morning I started and oil light came on, did not go off so I shut it off, oil level is fine so I am not sure what is the issue....will investigate when I get home today......too much going on in my life to add another problem to the list....arggggg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 11:57 AM

dang man! im sorry to hear about that! im glad the bike is in good shape still, you might have knocked loose a wire or fuse of some sort..im not too sure..in my car my check engine light came on and nothing was wrong, turned out a wire was juse loose

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateboarder85205 View Post
dang man! im sorry to hear about that! im glad the bike is in good shape still, you might have knocked loose a wire or fuse of some sort..im not too sure..in my car my check engine light came on and nothing was wrong, turned out a wire was juse loose
I am hoping something simple like that....I will have to take a look at it close when I get home today.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarSung View Post
I am hoping something simple like that....I will have to take a look at it close when I get home today.
all right let us know whats up!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 12:47 PM

Well damn, that sucks, good thing for frame sliders. Which ones are you using? Wish i had an idea for the oil light. I bet that 12R was heavy as hell. ...And a few scratches just means it gets ridden, not a trailer queen.

Live 'Til You Die - QOTSA
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 636Sinner View Post
Well damn, that sucks, good thing for frame sliders. Which ones are you using? Wish i had an idea for the oil light. I bet that 12R was heavy as hell. ...And a few scratches just means it gets ridden, not a trailer queen.
I have tipped my bike over 4 different times so far, twice in my garage, the same spot....the other 2 times away from home.....one heavy bike to pick up.....500lbs .

I use Pro-Tek sliders on my bike, not true frame sliders, but good for tip over like this....for ZX14 there are some strong frame sliders out there....

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

I checked it out, everything look fine.....one of the guy from another Forum with ZX12R told me that he had the same problem once and all he did was just rave it up couple of times and light went away.....that's exactly what I did and the light went away.....now my bike is OK and I am ready to rock & roll

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarSung View Post
I checked it out, everything look fine.....one of the guy from another Forum with ZX12R told me that he had the same problem once and all he did was just rave it up couple of times and light went away.....that's exactly what I did and the light went away.....now my bike is OK and I am ready to rock & roll
good to hear

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode