Can't decide on zx14 or zx10...need help!!! - Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Can't decide on zx14 or zx10...need help!!!

Hello gents,
I am currently a GSXR 750 rider who is finally going to step up to the big time. Definitely going to go with a Kawi. My Dad currently has an 07 zx14 with the full Brocks exhaust kit, power commander, and gears. I love this bike to death! He said he will sell it to me if I want it. The only reason I hesitate is cause it obviously doesn't corner as well as a zx10 would. One of my favorite things about the 14 is the awesome sound it makes! My question is, how would a zx10 sound with the same setup? Would it be anywhere near as deep sounding as the 14? I watched some youtube vids, but obviously you can't REALLY tell what it sounds like. Sound is a big deal to me. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! thanks

P.S. I'm 26 years old with good amount of riding experience, so no need for the "how old are you questions" ha ha

Last edited by cpeterson1984; 10-12-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 PM

Hi im a mechanic at a kawasaki dealership ins sudbury i would go with a zx 10 sure zx14 are alot funner but on the zx 10 u could take the corners alot better and its a lighter bike to and the price is a big diffrence and if you did all the mods on a zx10 u could make it sound the same sometimes u just gota change exhaust to you liking i have a zx10 with those mods and its sound retarted a.k.a Awsome
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 AM

I agree with Kaw A rab... ZX14 is more of a cruiser and great 1/4 mile bike. I usually make my bike decisions from the mechanic point of view - which bike would you enjoy working on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 04:36 PM

ask yourself "what do I want " a sport tourer or a canyon carver, all depends on your riding style. Obviously the ZX-10 is a corner eating machine and the ZX-14 is not quite as nimble but obviously faster than the ZX-10,all depends on what you plan to do with the bike.

• Matt
  • '86 ZX600A2
  • '08 ZX6R
  • "I feel the need, the need for speed"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 07:25 PM

As proud owner of a 09zx 14 m black and green monster.... I would buy a real mans bike. Aint gonna get no better than the 1400. Its a little heavy, but that kind of badassness comes with a little extra weight. TOTALLY WORTH IT THO!!!! #Ilovemymonsta
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrick View Post
As proud owner of a 09zx 14 m black and green monster.... I would buy a real mans bike. Aint gonna get no better than the 1400. Its a little heavy, but that kind of badassness comes with a little extra weight. TOTALLY WORTH IT THO!!!! #Ilovemymonsta
Sounds nice for you. A buddy here recently upgraded to zx14 and he felt a lot better with it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 05:59 PM

smaller is better in this case. what's wrong w/ your 750?

Bart Brejcha -40 5 Championships 2016
design-engine Racing Blog Solidworks & Creo training http://www.proetools.com
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 02:49 AM

Get the zx10, for me it looks a lot better!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 06:51 PM

defiantly not the zx14 That bulky crap is on par with the hayabusa Just for expressways

Bart Brejcha -40 5 Championships 2016
design-engine Racing Blog Solidworks & Creo training http://www.proetools.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode