Ninja 250 stalls after revving engine - Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Ninja 250 stalls after revving engine

I just bought a 07 Ninja 250 with 1600 miles, the carbs were clogged and the seller took it apart and cleared the clogs, but I have this interesting problem, whenever I rev up the engine it will stall when the speed comes back down, it also happens when I press in the clutch after going at speeds over 30 or so, the only way to stop it from stalling is by lightly giving a bit gas right after I press the clutch, I've noticed that it happens more often if I first let the gas go and letting the engine brake for a few seconds and then when I press the clutch it will instantly stall.

I was told that it might be some remaining clog in the carbs, so I ran a few tanks with Lucos, but I still have the problem (it might of improved a bit but still happening) I tried increasing the idle speed and it helps a bit, but it still happens, and it just revs the engine at 3k for no reason.

please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 03:11 PM

i have the same prob on my friends bike and i was just about to post until i seen this. stumbling on acceleration to right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in