1999 Kawasaki Ninja 500r lights won't stay on. - Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

1999 Kawasaki Ninja 500r lights won't stay on.

I am new to riding and just got a 1999 kawasaki ninja about a month ago.

The turn signal lights come loose from time to time, but I just plug them back in. However, now I have a new problem. The headlight, brake light, and lights on the dash come on just fine, but the front and back lights on both sides do not come on.

Originally it was just the right side, but now it is both sides.

The neutral light comes on, but my right and left light on the dash do not. The right and light turn lights in the front and back stay off. However, if I turn the turn signal on they will start flashing perfectly normal. I have no idea why they won't stay on and I can't find the reason why they are off.

The bike has a few modifications. The brake light flashes when it is first applied and the turn signals automatically turn off after 8 seconds unless the brake is applied.

My lights used to come on automatically whenever I turn the key even if the bike isn't on. I was having an issue with the signals staying on without holding the button to the right or left, but I fixed that last night. I also do not think any of the fuses are blown and can't find any loose wires anywhere.

I'm hoping one of you guys on this forum can help me, since this is my first post here. Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by theboxer; 08-18-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode