Lota bike for the dough - Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Lota bike for the dough

Seems like a lot of bike for the money. I am thinking about getting one in the next season or two. They say it's a good two-up for touring too. Is dat so?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Oh and what color should I get! LOL
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 08:37 PM

I just bought one today. I can't wait to ride it. It's still in the crate and needs to be set up by the dealer. I guess I still need to get past winter anyways.

Purchased New 2008 Coucours 14 2/26/2009
Jason Rainey
Grand Rapids, MI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 08:58 AM

Buy it!

Hey Soft Shoulder
Don't know if you've made your decision yet but I'm headed into my third season on my 08 Concours. It's the most "fun" bike I've ever had (and I've owned bikes for 35 years). It's fast! It's responsive! And it's "pretty" comfortable for two-up riding. That said, I have added some bells & whistles that have "tuned it in" for my needs.

First stop was a V-Stream windscreen. At my height (6') I found the stock shield putting every bug, raindrop, and speck of dust directly into my helmet's face-shield. V-stream added enough height to eliminate this annoyance, as well as quieting the ride enough to use my rider/passenger intercom (too noisy with stock to even bother).

Next, I lowered the rear pegs for my girlfriend. This helped put her into a more comfortable riding position.

For increased mileage, saving money on winter stabilizer, and overall better mid-range power, I dropped a set of Fitch Fuel Catylist into the tank after break-in period. Mileage went from 38mpg to 42mpg, and she starts in the spring like I just shut her off.

While on the subject of fuel--avoid any gasoline with ethanol added if possible. Anytime I've had to fuel up on ethanol the bike's performance drops noticeably. Maybe just a coincidence but I've noticed it every time. Personally, I rather see the corn go into our food, and have our fuel burn the way it should . . . but maybe that's just my anti-green political leanings.

Finally, I just added some "Trackside" heated grips earlier this spring. Not sure where you're riding but here in Vermont, if you want to ride before June 1st these come in pretty handy.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 09:56 AM

I have had mine since 09 I have an 08 Concourse... rides great... have to wait for cooler days here in Florida to ride... need to solve the excess heat problem. I am surprised kawasaki did not do a recall for this issue... they resolved it in the 2010 model.... Ride safe...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 02:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dmann707
ive had my 08 concours since april of 10 , its been a great ride so far , the mods ive made have to do with rideability for shorter riders ...gen mar risers for handlebars, soupys lowering links for seat height , cee baileys ultra tour domed windshield for the
more upright seating, and larger diameter grips for hand cramping on long rides between
breaks , im now looking for larger flatter footpegs to give more foot support....i just returned from a 2500 mile trip around lake superior which i averaged about 44 mpg at speeds up to 75 mph or so....in a mix of interstate and 2 lane roads....dave
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 04:02 PM

Nice.... Did the bike give excess heat at low speeds? Let me know. I installed muzzy lowering links. I installed lower pegs that makes long rides great, I installed a givi windshield... Little taller and wider. Also 12k hid's light up the night real nice. Take care ride safe.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 05:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dmann707
08 heat

the 08 concours does seem to heat up more than the newer models but i didnt notice really much more heat than came off my 84 venture yamaha that i replaced ...it was a rolling oven just as hot as the concours .... so the heat off the concours wasnt really any worse...just plenty warm enough that you dont want to sit in traffic very long...you want to keep moving on those 90 plus days....dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode