New to this Forum - Page 4 - Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skateboarder85205 View Post
thats awesome!!! if i bought a new bike id want it to come from the crate! id like to know it was 100% mine, no test rides and it wasnt sat on or touched! i went over to champion honda (i think it was) by superstition mall and talked to a guy named shaun loy, he was one hell of a salesman i went there back when i had a co-signer and he didnt try to rip me off, i said "im gonna be honest what is the best deal you can give me on 2008 gsxr 600" and he gave me below msrp he said he wasnt gonna make me pay shipping and freight and assembly and all that crap and he would throw in a discount on gear. he didnt haggle or anything
You don't get to test ride any bikes at dealerships especially on motorcycles....but yea, I don't want bikes that been sitting there for awhile and people touch it here and there....like a wife...I like one that no one touched before.....hahahahaha......and I got one of each (bike & wife) so I am happy (will clue you in later).....

I talked Chip into giving me 3 years extended warranty with my bike since I paid cash....he did it plus he gave me 15% of any parts & accessories purchase from them...very cool deal!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarSung View Post
You don't get to test ride any bikes at dealerships especially on motorcycles....but yea, I don't want bikes that been sitting there for awhile and people touch it here and there....like a wife...I like one that no one touched before.....hahahahaha......and I got one of each (bike & wife) so I am happy (will clue you in later).....

I talked Chip into giving me 3 years extended warranty with my bike since I paid cash....he did it plus he gave me 15% of any parts & accessories purchase from them...very cool deal!
thats awesome! and one heck of a deal! and thats weird about the test ride..because this kid i knew that went to the dealer with his friend who has a suzuki gsxr srad test rode the 2008 gsxr all he had to do was show the guy his MC license and give him the ID and he took it for a spin..

post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
thats awesome! and one heck of a deal! and thats weird about the test ride..because this kid i knew that went to the dealer with his friend who has a suzuki gsxr srad test rode the 2008 gsxr all he had to do was show the guy his MC license and give him the ID and he took it for a spin..
I guess they have too many squids going for test rides and can't handle the bike so they are tired of eating the cost of repairing them...........I checked with several dealers and none of them will allow me to test ride....maybe especially on big bikes where someone can really kill themselves.....but I remember standing next to it when the mechanic started my bike up and walk me through all the accessories on it and switches.....the power from my bike gave me such thrills like I was ready to %&# in my pants The best feeling every....and when I actually rode my bike home.....boy, I felt like the road is all mine......but can't go over 7k on tech for 1k miles, I had couple of bikes tried to race me, one was bone stock and I ripped it, the other one was highly modified and I ripped that one also....they were both surprised......I don't know why and I don't even go pass 7k on my bike....just imagine if I let it crack all the way......

It was good that I was not able to go pass 7k, if I had done that in early stage I would be on the road with the bike on top of me...........so much power behind that bile. Now with some modification and got used to it I am able to enjoy better.....love my bike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I guess they have too many squids going for test rides and can't handle the bike so they are tired of eating the cost of repairing them...........I checked with several dealers and none of them will allow me to test ride....maybe especially on big bikes where someone can really kill themselves.....but I remember standing next to it when the mechanic started my bike up and walk me through all the accessories on it and switches.....the power from my bike gave me such thrills like I was ready to %&# in my pants The best feeling every....and when I actually rode my bike home.....boy, I felt like the road is all mine......but can't go over 7k on tech for 1k miles, I had couple of bikes tried to race me, one was bone stock and I ripped it, the other one was highly modified and I ripped that one also....they were both surprised......I don't know why and I don't even go pass 7k on my bike....just imagine if I let it crack all the way......

It was good that I was not able to go pass 7k, if I had done that in early stage I would be on the road with the bike on top of me...........so much power behind that bile. Now with some modification and got used to it I am able to enjoy better.....love my bike
oh man i bet it felt great! i would be scared sh*tless to take the bike over 7k! its a whole new monster in the higher rpms from what i hear! ive always wanted a zx12 since ive gotten into bikes, they are freaking beasts! whats the fastest youve ever taken that baby up to??

post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
oh man i bet it felt great! i would be scared sh*tless to take the bike over 7k! its a whole new monster in the higher rpms from what i hear! ive always wanted a zx12 since ive gotten into bikes, they are freaking beasts! whats the fastest youve ever taken that baby up to??
I was riding with my brother (ZX14), he zoomed out so I tagged along and he looked down at his speedo, guess how fast......162MPH.....and we weren't even cracked all the way.....I tell you one thing big bikes don't have to try hard to pass cars or other smaller bikes

post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
I was riding with my brother (ZX14), he zoomed out so I tagged along and he looked down at his speedo, guess how fast......162MPH.....and we weren't even cracked all the way.....I tell you one thing big bikes don't have to try hard to pass cars or other smaller bikes
haha daaaaang, yeah i bet they hit a buck 80 with ease..especially the liter bikes and up do you remember what gear you hit 162 on? id say probably 5th?

post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
haha daaaaang, yeah i bet they hit a buck 80 with ease..especially the liter bikes and up do you remember what gear you hit 162 on? id say probably 5th?
We were in our 6th gear....when we did 162MPH. I pushed my bike all the way to 186MPH on Dyno after I bought it, I was given free Dyno test from that Honda dealership but not knowing when/which exhaust I was getting for my bike before the offer expired so I took it in, bone stock. Tech that was testing my bike ask if I want to see what is the top speed we can push before speed limiter shuts off 2 cylinder (per the manual 186MPH). It was exactly 186MPH when 2 cylinder shut off, tech told me there are several companies out there that sell gadget to over ride that and for me to look them up online. I did but I couldn't get firm answer to if in fact these product actually work so I don't bother with it.....not that I will ever hit 186MPH anytime soon..... But I found out other ways to override that top speed limiter, I will not worry about it for now. I also heard there are ways to flash ECU but I don't trust any of that

post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
We were in our 6th gear....when we did 162MPH. I pushed my bike all the way to 186MPH on Dyno after I bought it, I was given free Dyno test from that Honda dealership but not knowing when/which exhaust I was getting for my bike before the offer expired so I took it in, bone stock. Tech that was testing my bike ask if I want to see what is the top speed we can push before speed limiter shuts off 2 cylinder (per the manual 186MPH). It was exactly 186MPH when 2 cylinder shut off, tech told me there are several companies out there that sell gadget to over ride that and for me to look them up online. I did but I couldn't get firm answer to if in fact these product actually work so I don't bother with it.....not that I will ever hit 186MPH anytime soon..... But I found out other ways to override that top speed limiter, I will not worry about it for now. I also heard there are ways to flash ECU but I don't trust any of that
could you hit 162 in 5th with your bike and you were just shifted into 6th? or is 162 in 5th just for the zx14 and busa? i thought i saw a gsxr 1k do it before..and you have a zx12..and yeah you can definitely get rid of that mph limiter..ive heard though for every second you have the throttle pinned down at 186 then its 1 mph added, im not sure if thats true. Like when you hit 186 and your rpms are still going up before the rpms hit he rev limiter then for every second after 186 with the rpms increasing is 1 mph..can anyone confirm this? i guess if thats true then you could always count the seconds after 186! hahah

post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
could you hit 162 in 5th with your bike and you were just shifted into 6th? or is 162 in 5th just for the zx14 and busa? i thought i saw a gsxr 1k do it before..and you have a zx12..and yeah you can definitely get rid of that mph limiter..ive heard though for every second you have the throttle pinned down at 186 then its 1 mph added, im not sure if thats true. Like when you hit 186 and your rpms are still going up before the rpms hit he rev limiter then for every second after 186 with the rpms increasing is 1 mph..can anyone confirm this? i guess if thats true then you could always count the seconds after 186! hahah
I can easily do 162 in 5th.....I have done 130 just going into 3rd, flying of ramp into 202 one day.....when I look down I was at 130 so I had to slow down, don't want to spend time in Pokie for stupid thing like that....

post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I can easily do 162 in 5th.....I have done 130 just going into 3rd, flying of ramp into 202 one day.....when I look down I was at 130 so I had to slow down, don't want to spend time in Pokie for stupid thing like that....
holy crap! haha nice!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode