Hello - Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Hello

Hello to all the members, just want to introduce myself and the Kwackers I have.
Well here goes, I am of mature? years been riding for decades both on the road and various race tracks,with varying amounts of success in fact not much, but the enjoyment and lessons learnt are irriplaceable. The area whrere I live has miles of quiet twisty roads set in lovely lush scenery, so plenty of riding to be had.
As for my bikes, the first Kawasaki I owned was a ZX10 B1 1988 vintage, owned it for over ten years carried out a bit of work on suspension and induction and it really was a fast bit of kit which handled well and on which I toured much of the UK, in a moment of madness I let my heart rule my head and part ex'd it against a Ducati 851 which in the first twelve months of ownership cost me well over four times what the ZX cost in the years I owned it, incidently I part exchanged a Jota for the zx and was amazed at how good the zx was, it handled far better and was far more comfortable the speed it covered the ground at was misleading so capable.
At present I have four Kawasaki's, a 1979 500 four that has been fully rebuilt and converted to a cafe racer(not by yours truly) a nice conversion with a lot of hand made parts. Also 2 ZXR750R K1's and a very low mileage ZX7RR N1, one of the K1's was a first prize in a well known motorcycle paper spot the ball competition back in 1992, when I went to view it I was unaware of the history, the vendor mentioned some old paperwork and produced the relevant items of proof which to him meant nothing but did to me as I recalled always entering these competitions but never winning anything.
Well there we are, if your in my area drop in for a cuppa and a chat it will be nice to meet other owners.
Clive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 09:42 PM

Well I know someone who have ZX10 for I think 6 years now since they moved in here near us and never heard him complained about it. The prized K1 sure is a value thing, got pics?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

1996clive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon90 View Post
Well I know someone who have ZX10 for I think 6 years now since they moved in here near us and never heard him complained about it. The prized K1 sure is a value thing, got pics?
hi
carbon90 thanks for your interest, unfortunately I am unable to upload photos at the moment(due to my being a luddite) when I can rope in one of my lads I will put some up,in fact I have two of these, one having been used as a track bike which fortunately has not been thrown down the road so is quite tidy and at the moment is doing a marvelous job occupying space in my rather crowded garage, have thought about selling this one just can't make my mind up. The thing is its worth so much as spare parts as the genuine alloy fuel tank was fetching over a thousand US dollars the last time I looked, its a conundrum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode