Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum - View Single Post - Looking into getting a ninja 250
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 12:14 PM
KarSung

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_freak1000 View Post
I recently found a ninja 250 for sale and the other day I took a look at it and found a few problems. The bike is a 2007 and it has 1500 miles on it and the price is $2400. The guy told me that at 500 miles he was supposed to take it to the dealer so they will chage the oil and adjust the carburator. He said that he changed the oil himself instead and didn't take it to the dealer for the adjustment. Now I was wondering if anyone knows much about this adjustment and if it is something important. Also there was some engine oil on the throttle cable and under the intakes. Is there an oil line that runs around this area so I can check to see if its leaking? Other than these two problems the bike looks pretty clean and looks good. Any advice will be appreciated.
I am not sure where you are but best to find a local shop if you think the bike needs carbs adjusted, it should not be much to adjust your carbs, if they want too much find another shop......you can pretty much tell by how it idles and response when you crack the throttle......if you hear any back fire when throttle is off after raving it then you definitely need to have it adjusted.....

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome